Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
The infamous ginger turmeric tonic! This drink is perfect to keep in the fridge for daily use and can help keep levels of inflammation low. Ginger and turmeric are both powerful antioxidants with the potential to lower pain levels, and this drink contains therapeutic doses of both!
This tasty drink can be sipped warm or served over ice – either way you’ll be reaping the benefits!
- 1 tbsp fresh grated turmeric
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 lemon (juice + peel)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 24oz water
- Simmer (don’t boil) all ingredients on stove for about 10 mins.
- Strain into mug.
- Enjoy! Save the rest in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- If lemon bothers you, just leave it out!
- Honey can be used instead of maple syrup