Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Perfect for a chilly day, this warm tonic has ginger to help reduce migraine pain and nausea – plus it’s tasty too! Enjoy it warm or stick it in the fridge for an iced version.
- 1.5 cups water
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger, sliced
- 1 clementine, peeled
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Add water and ginger to a small pot and bring to boil. Lower the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes or longer if you prefer a spicier drink.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon or other utensil, mash the clementine in a mug. Add the hot ginger water and maple syrup and stir.
- Enjoy! Can be kept in the fridge and reheated on the stove (if desired).
- If you’re sensitive to citrus, try adding muddled berries instead
- No maple syrup? Try honey or blackstrap molasses