Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 1.5 minutes
This is one of my go-to breakfasts when I’m tired of eggs. The key to this recipe? The peanut butter! Adding peanut butter provides with fat and protein needed to balance out the carbohydrate-heavy oats, which will prevent crazy blood sugar spikes and dips.
- 1/3 cup dry oats
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 handful frozen blueberries
- 1 spoonful of peanut butter or nut butter
- 1 drizzle of honey
- 1 sprinkle of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- Place the oats, frozen blueberries, and water into a bowl and microwave for 90 seconds or until cooked through
- Add other ingredients and stir to combine
- Substitute milk of your choice for water to boost calories and flavor
- Add in extra ingredients like nuts, coconut, bananas, and flax seed to keep you full even longer!